Re: Just which bonobo version is required for gnome-db-0.1.0

John Sullivan wrote:

> on 10/23/00 1:37 PM, rodrigo linuxave net at rodrigo linuxave net wrote:
>
> > A bit sad, because I've had to include bonobo-ui-compat.* into gnome-db
> > sources, for not having to migrate right now to the new UI stuff. Well, but
> > it's not so hard at the end, I'm just trying to find a way for not using
> > anymore GnomeUIInfo's. Michael, I'd really appreciate any suggestion from you
> > on this after you see the code.
>
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> Nautilus used to use GnomeUIInfo for tool bar items, with the old
> BonoboUIHandler. As you know, we now mostly base our menu items and tool bar
> items on xml files, which works well in the simple cases. But we've also got
> some code for dynamically creating and removing items (menu items, in
> particular) that might be of interest to you. The callers are in
> src/nautilus-window-menus.c and src/file-manager/fm-directory-view.c. These
> callers use some bonobo function wrappers in
> libnautilus-extensions/nautilus-bonobo-extensions.[ch].

Thanks a lot, I'm now checking out nautilus. I think this is exactly what I want.

> I can't tell what problems you're having with the new API but maybe we have
> already addressed some similar ones.

it's not really a problem, it's just because I've got tons of code making use of
the GnomeUIInfo stuff, and I've got to switch to the new Bonobo UI stuff, and as
I've got little free time to do it, I get desperated when thinking on all the code
I've got to change.

But now, with the nautilus code I'm going to look at right now, I feel better!!!

thanks