Re: Just which bonobo version is required for gnome-db-0.1.0

on 10/23/00 1:37 PM, rodrigo linuxave net at rodrigo linuxave net wrote:

> A bit sad, because I've had to include bonobo-ui-compat.* into gnome-db
> sources, for not having to migrate right now to the new UI stuff. Well, but
> it's not so hard at the end, I'm just trying to find a way for not using
> anymore GnomeUIInfo's. Michael, I'd really appreciate any suggestion from you
> on this after you see the code.

Hi Rodrigo,

Nautilus used to use GnomeUIInfo for tool bar items, with the old
BonoboUIHandler. As you know, we now mostly base our menu items and tool bar
items on xml files, which works well in the simple cases. But we've also got
some code for dynamically creating and removing items (menu items, in
particular) that might be of interest to you. The callers are in
src/nautilus-window-menus.c and src/file-manager/fm-directory-view.c. These
callers use some bonobo function wrappers in
libnautilus-extensions/nautilus-bonobo-extensions.[ch].

I can't tell what problems you're having with the new API but maybe we have
already addressed some similar ones.

John