Re: The storage interface cleanup - incredible

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > It sounds like Michael and Miguel are going to approve your patch
> > either way.
>
> I think this is totally unrelated to my current patch. The current
> patch fixes some serious design problems, which I consider as release
> critical.

        I agree with Dietmar completely. Splitting the stream interface is
an unneccesary complication at this stage, it will impact the
PersistStream interface as well causing API and compatibility breakage,
not least in Nautilus.

        Maciej, I'm suprised you are trying to encourage us to make
curious decisions that impact the Bonobo release schedule and break the
freeze. Or is it that you are trying to obstruct any change going ahead ?
I'm confused.