Re: The nature of the Bonobo freeze.

Mathieu Lacage <mathieu eazel com> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
>
> > Actually, I have to say this is not the maintainers' problem. It's
> > been known for some time that Bonobo would join the development
> > platform for GNOME 1.4.
>
> yes, but not as an almost perfect library good for everyone to use.
> My understanding was that it was available but people were encouraged
> not to use it.

Well, the Nautilus team was certainly hoping to encourage people to
use it, since they can extend Nautilus that way; however, we have been
doing our best to warn people that the GNOME 2.x platform will be
incompatible with the 1.x platform in numerous ways.

So as far as I knew, this was not the case. However, I expect Bonobo
use will become much more pervasive with the 2.x platform.

 - Maciej