Re: The storage interface cleanup

Hi Maciej,

On 19 Oct 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> The older interfaces can probably be deprecated over time. I am not
> sure how well GNOME 1.x components will work with GNOME 2.x clients or
> vice versa in any case; certainly the in-process case won't work at
> all.

	At some stage we have to grab the compatibility problem by the
horns. I agree that for Gnome 2.0 the shlib case is probably too much to
support. However in future we will have to have out of process proxying of
old ( shlib and other ) executables ( and load the correct library
environment for them ). Luckily it would seem to be relatively easy to do
this with oaf.