Re: The storage interface cleanup

on 10/19/00 10:21 AM, Michael Meeks at michael helixcode com wrote:

> Ok; so the main purpose of this mail is to recieve public
> confirmation that Eazel are happy with Dietmar removing some of the crud
> that people don't use from the stream / storage IDL, I understand you have
> agreed privately, but I'd like you to nail your colours to the mast
> publicaly either way before we go further.

Changes to the stream interface are a minor headache for the Nautilus
hackers. While we don't use it directly except for in our adapter, we would
need to fix the adapter to work with these changes to the API.

So if it was our choice alone (Eazel, I mean, not the Nautilus team as a
whole), we'd suggest deferring these changes to Bonobo 2.0.

That's why we (again, Eazel, specifically Bud and Andy) asked for a freeze
on the Bonobo API -- to avoid extra work caused by otherwise useful changes
like this. Sadly, Michael and Miguel haven't yet put a freeze into effect.

    -- Darin