xml->root, libxml2

Hi!

test-html-editor-control (from gtkhtml) crashed on me (menu/toolbar
related), so did the sample-container of bonobo. Because I need gtkhtml
(and bonobo) for GnoCam, I investigated why. FYI, I have the latest
gnome-xml and bonobo installed.

For example in "bonobo/bonobo-ui-node.c", you access xml->root (where xml
is a xmlDoc) directly. But xml->root does not even exist in libxml2 (see
gnome-xml/tree.h, line 335ff.) Instead, there are the functions

* xmlDocSetRootElement
* xmlDocGetRootElement

Consult gnome-xml/tree.h for the syntax.

After changing the relevant code, I do no longer experience any crashs of
the sample-container.

Could you review the xml-related code in the following files ("grep -l -e
'->root' bonobo/*.c")?
 - bonobo-canvas-component.c
 - bonobo-property-bag-xml.c
 - bonobo-ui-compat.c
 - bonobo-ui-node.c
 - bonobo-ui-util.c
 - bonobo-ui-xml.c
 - bonobo-win.c
 - extract.c

I don't want to offer you patches, as I don't want to mess up some code I
don't really know much about.

Thank you very much!

Regards

Lutz Müller
--
                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Müller            +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Straße 5                                              |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de                  |