Re: xml->root, libxml2

Hi Lutz,

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Lutz Mller wrote:
> For example in "bonobo/bonobo-ui-node.c", you access xml->root (where
> xml is a xmlDoc) directly. But xml->root does not even exist in
> libxml2 (see gnome-xml/tree.h, line 335ff.) Instead, there are the
> functions

        Bonobo is emphaticly not compatible with libxml2, it should not
even compile for you, I don't quite know how you managed to get it to
build :-)

> I don't want to offer you patches, as I don't want to mess up some
> code I don't really know much about.

        Well; here is what we can do; abstract all remaining node
manipulation functions into bonobo-ui-node.c and produce a
bonobo-ui-node2.c and compile it conditionaly.

        Either way it is extremely uncertain whether we will be using
libxml2 for this purpose since this may be re-written for Gnome 2.0 when
libxml2 will start to be used.

        Thanks for the report,