Re: Bonobo vs. tear-off menus

Hi John,

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, John Sullivan wrote:
> Tear-off menus don't get along well with the new Bonobo UI code,
> because the whole menu is deleted/recreated whenever any merging
> occurs

        This is not the case.

> (which closes the torn-off menu). Is there any way to work around
> this, or should we just say goodbye to tear-off menus?

        The thing is that tear off menus work for me; I just changed a few
lines in test-app so you can see it. If you press the 'Press me' button,
and then undock the Norwegian 'Go' menu, then press merge again, you will
see what I mean.

        It is likely that you are changing / setting some attributes on
the submenu node and this is forcing a re-build of both the shell and the
menu item ( this is unfortunate but hard to avoid ). I imagine you have a
problem in some xml file; can you wave a stick at where it is happening
in Nautilus for me ?