Re: non-alphanumeric control key accelerators broken?

Hi John,

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, John Sullivan wrote:
> Nautilus uses Control-key accelerators with "[", "]", "-", and "=",
> but these have all stopped appearing/working in the new Bonobo
> UI. I'm not sure if they've been broken since we switched over, or
> if they were broken by some subsequent change.

	Well I'm afraid I'm not an expert on key bindings; however I
traced the problem thus:

[michael inspiron evolution]$ cat > a.c
#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
	char *strs [] = { "]", "a", "Z", "=", "-", "?", "@" };
	int i;

	for (i=0;i<7;i++) {
		printf ("'%s' -> '%s' %d\n", strs [i],
			gdk_keyval_name (strs [i] [0]),
			gdk_keyval_from_name (strs [i]));
	}
}
[michael inspiron evolution]$ sync
[michael inspiron evolution]$ gcc `gnome-config --cflags gtk` \
`gnome-config --libs gtk` ./a.c
[michael inspiron evolution]$ ./a.out
']' -> 'bracketright' 0
'a' -> 'a' 97
'Z' -> 'Z' 90
'=' -> 'equal' 0
'-' -> 'minus' 0
'?' -> 'question' 0

> Michael, do you want me to try to track this down in Bonobo, or can
> you handle it from here?

	I hope this helps, if you could add a FAQ entry about this it
would help others in future perhaps.