Re: gnome-vfs dependency for bonobo (was gnome_mime vs. gnome_vfs_mime)

Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com> writes:

>  The gnome-print one is important as well, because, well,
> bonobo started to provide a compound document mechanism for
> applications.

So what you're saying, basically, is that printing a document is more
important than determining its mime type accurately and in a way
that's consistent with the rest of the system, or enabling components
to transparently access files in all the same ways as the file
manager. I tend to open documents more often than I print them, but
maybe I am unusual in this regard.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the coincidence that gnome-print
is controlled by Helix employees and gnome-vfs is not.

 - Maciej