Re: [GNOME VFS] - where to put bonobo module...

Michael Meeks <michael helixcode com> writes:

>         There should be a unified bonobo storage / stream module inside
> gnome-vfs. There is duplication between the stale bonobo vfs methods and
> the nautilus implementation, and both are in the wrong place.

Why do you think it should be in gnome-vfs rather than in bonobo?

That would make it impossible to, for instance, add a moniker
implementation to Bonobo that uased gnome-vfs, or indeed to make any
module that bonobo depends on use gnome-vfs, or we'd run into circular
dependencies. Since Bonobo depends on gnome-libs and gnome-libs will
depend on gnome-vfs for GNOME 2, this would actually become a problem
in practice.

I'm certainly interested in hearing arguments the other way.

 - Maciej