Re: path to fix some build problems

Chipzz <chipzz ULYSSIS Org> writes:

> IMVVVHO, the circular dependencie is fixed the wrong way. It should check in
> configure[.in] if gtkhtml is allready installed, and if so, build/install
> the test-app.

But GtkHTML depends on Bonobo already. Making Bonobo depend even
conditionally on GtkHTML is still conceptually wrong. For one thing,
you would have to build Bonobo twice when building from scratch. For
another, circular build dependencies are just plain wrong, period.

I would object to a conditional dependency a lot less, since it would
not completely break from-scratch builds, but it would still be
broken.

 - Maciej