Re: where to put tar storage object...

> We should also add storage drivers for http and ftp to the storage
> modules
> directory (does they exist somewhere?).

The http storage driver is in the gtkhtml module, as that's where Miguel
and I thought it would be best without having to add a libghttp dependency
on bonobo.

Which does bring me to one thing: the versioning on the storage modules is
a nightmare. Every time a new bonobo release comes out, it makes old
storage modules (such as the http one) not work, even if they are still
compatible. Can we change the versioning system such that the version in
the storage module and the bonobo version don't need to line up? A shared
library-like scheme would be fine, where we hardcode the latest platform
version in bonobo and require that the storage modules have the same
version. That way the modules will work with different versions of bonobo
as long as the interfaces are compatible (and from what I understand,
these should be frozen anyway...)

Joe