Re: Oaf IDL re-structuring ...

Michael Meeks <michael helixcode com> writes:

>         So you would be happy to have it inside the GNU/ namespace ? and
> you Maciej ? if so I can update my script. Perhaps we want
> GNU/ObjectFactory as well ? but the whole thing just seems extremely
> bizarre to my untrained mind.

Although I find it mildly disconcerting to agree with Michael and
disagree with Elliot, I am happy to have all of OAF's interfaces in
the GNOME namespace. Even though OAF does not depend on gnome-libs or
bonobo or whatever, and can be used without GNOME, it's most important
role is as part of the GNOME project, and it will be released as part
of GNOME. I don't see any strong reason not to use the GNOME
namespace. If I were writing IDL for Gtk or Glib or whatever, I'd
likely want to put it inside GNOME:: as well even though those
projects too have wider applicability than just GNOME.

I'm ok with GNU:: too, but I actually prefer GNOME::.

 - Maciej