Which technology ?

  Last year I developed a library to create particle simulations in
Visual C++ with MFC/OpenGL, as my Bsc graduation project.

   Now I want to create a new version of this library, that corrects
some of the design decisions, and to free it from the MFC and Visual
C++ dependent stuff.

   My major problem is that at the time, COM didn't suit our needs, so
we developed some classes to provided our own component framework. Now
that I am in the process to port the application to Linux, I don't know
if I expand the our component framework or change that to CORBA.

  What I would like to know, is how good is the support in the gnome
components to do something like the in-process servers of COM (servers
that are available in shared libraries).

   Thanks in advance.

|  The opinions expressed by myself    |  Use Linux. The choice of a  |
| are personal and not of my employer. | free generation.             |
| Paulo Pinto, paulo.pinto@altitudesoftware.com,    |
|                    pjmlp@students.si.fct.unl.pt   |
| Home Page, http://students.fct.unl.pt/users/pjmlp |