Re: Which technology ?

    Paulo>   What I would like to know,  is how good is the support in
    Paulo> the gnome  components to  do something like  the in-process
    Paulo> servers  of  COM  (servers  that are  available  in  shared
    Paulo> libraries).

  With  GNOME, activation  of in-process  components happens  just the
same way out-of-process components.

  The  shared library  component will  just have  to  provide suitable
activation/deactivation functions  and declare the name  of the shared
library in the .gnorba (or .oafinfo) file.  Provided that you do this,
there is no difference, on  the client side, between an in-process and
an out-of-process server.

  I am not sure what you expect by "good" support though.  :-)

--
Ettore