Re: Icons and Oaf ..

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@helixcode.com> writes:

> 	3. We are seldom going to run into this case.  The only case
>            where it makes sense is when the component is a remote
>            component.  And in this case, it will only affect you if
>            you choose to just copy the .oafinfo file.

You have this continuing understanding that you need (or even want) a
local oafinfo file to activate a remote component via OAF. That is not
the case. You just need the AID, and you don't need to install it
anywhere.

So the difference here is not "install one file" vs. "install two" but
"it just works" vs. "you must install a file".

Admittedly the thing that doesn't work is not major.

But I don't think storing encoded data in the oafinfo file is a big
deal either. People can learn how to type "uuencode" or "uudecode" and
cut & paste.

 - Maciej