Re: Icons and Oaf ..

> 	  I think base64 encoding and storage in the oaf file is by far the
> best scheme. I would hope that the base64 code/decode would be in oaf and
> allow an xml type of 'binary' to allow future expansion. As for creating
> the oafinfo files, I hope Maciej's proposed GUI oafinfo designer will be
> ready soon and make this extremely easy and neat.

It is not the best scheme for various reasons:

	1. No existing tools know how to load a .oafinfo.

	2. A special tool for editing .oafinfo would need to export
           the file, launch an editor, and then reset it.  Seems like
           major lamage to me.

	   More work for the maintainer, more work for the
	   contributor, more confussion for a pretty extreme case.

	3. We are seldom going to run into this case.  The only case
           where it makes sense is when the component is a remote
           component.  And in this case, it will only affect you if
           you choose to just copy the .oafinfo file.

	   This, mind you, is the minority of the users out there.
	   Mothers of this world do not setup every day distibuted
	   components, and when they do they screw it up anyways.

Miguel