Re: .oafinfo and icons

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Anders Carlsson wrote:

> I had a discussion with miguel about the new bonobo selector and the
> fact that we need some sort of icon reference in the .oafinfo files.
>
> The problem is that an .oafinfo file may not necessarily reside on the
> same machine as the program browsing the .oafinfo file.
>
> So, miguel and I agreed that the best (easiest) way would be to just
> have an attribute which points to the file.
>
> This means that icon paths in non-local .oafinfo files could point to
> icon files who don't exist.
>
> But we won't care about that, since we're more likely to have local
> .oafinfo files than non-local ones. To quote miguel:

You still need to handle the non-local case.

> <miguelmx> This is not Federico-land

Yes, but this is not "use a solution because it works for one thing" land
either.

One way to solve it is to give a path relative to icon dir, and hope
things are installed. Another way is to find a way to produce
fully-qualified URLs by means of some transform that oafd does on the
attribute.

-- Elliot
"Moron of the week" for four years running