Re: .oafinfo and icons

> Making OAF depend on something not network transparent (through
> gnome-vfs or not) ruins the whole point IMnsHO.

I think you did not understand what we are talking about.

We are not talking about adding dependencies.  We are talking about
the location of the icons for displaying the information about the
.oafinfo: file system or embedded.  So I think your opinion is completely
irrelevant for this topic.

I sustain that embedding is lame because it will be only useful for a
very tiny fraction of users and make it hard for every user to add
icons, edit it, manipulate it, extract it.

> Base64 encoding the file would make sence. This is what LDAP does too so
> its not even without precedent. I don't much care if the encoding is
> done by OAF (the deamon) or by whoever writing the .oafinfo files.

I believe you are very confused.

Miguel.