Bonobo::Control::set_window

how do I encode the display into the string passed to set_window?
Currently, I'm assuming all kind of things that should not be assumed (for
example that oafd starts my components with DISPLAY appropriately set, and
the components connect to their default X server (the one specified by
DISPLAY) when they start up), but of course, these should not be assumed,
for example, consider a `component server' box, which has no way of
starting the GDK X loop until an actual request is made to it with a
DISPLAY

Anyway, I'm just passing it the X WID, converted to a string. What's the
Right Way(tm) to do this?

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus@cactus.rulez.org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key