the GNORBA library

Hello,

I have some questions concerning your implementation repository. I have
read your docs concerning GNORBA.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/corba/html/corba-gnome-gnorba.html

One of my problems is how to retrieve the IOR of the namingservice. I
could do this using the GNORBA library, but this would require to link
against the gnorba library and therefor link against the orbit libraries.
It would like to avoid this, because we want to implement the marshaling
on our own so that we are as independent as possible from ORBIT (we also
would like to have an CORBA bridge on e.g. windows).

The information anout the namingservice IOR is taken from the root
X-Window. Is it possible (or recommended) to access it without the gnorba
library ? Or is there any other way to retrieve the NamingService IOR
(maybe from somewhere on the filesystem or so)?

Also we would like to start up gnome processes that are currently not
running. Therefor we need to access the GOAD. From documentation I know,
that the proposed way again is the gnorba library, which we would like to
avoid. Is there a GOAD daemon running in the system, so that we can
access it via IIOP ?

If not, are there any other suggestions how gnome services can be started
?

I have heard from a new object activation framework (oaf), that is
currently under development, but I couldn't find any documentation on it
on gnome.org. Are there informations somewhere ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Joerg