Introduction : Joerg Budischewski

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Joerg Budischewski, I am 28
years old. I am a sun employee working on OpenOffice (formerly
StarOffice) within the component-model-(UNO)team for 21 months now. One
of my contributions was an UNO interprocess bridge.

My current task is to develop an UNO-CORBA bridge. The main goal is to
get a CORBA-UNO-bridge that supports all features necessary to
communicate with the GNOME desktop. The secondary goal is to develop a
'generic' CORBA-UNO-bridge, that allows to communicate with an arbitrary
ORB. This would allow OpenOffice to seamlessly integrate into any CORBA
environment.

However, bridging UNO and CORBA is no trivial task, as both component
models are based on different fundamental concepts. Therefor we want to
write down the ideas about how to deal with these fundamental differences
before beginning implementation. We have therefor setup a webpage :

http://udk.openoffice.org/common/man/concept/uno_corba.html

It currently contains only a list of aspects we will have to deal with,
however the document is supposed to grow rapidly during the next weeks.
Maybe some of you are interested in the state of this project, so they
may visit the site once in a while.

So currently I browse through lots of your documentation to get to know
ORBIT and BONOBO as good as possible and start to think about how the
problems can be best solved.

The reason why I have joined the mailing list is, that from time to time
I certainly will need to know some background information from BONOBO
experts.

Greetings, Joerg

I do not speak for my employer, I speak for myself.

Joerg Budischewski germany sun com
Software engineer