Server-side buffers

Quick question (or two... )

In my server I'm implementing a stream write.
I pass a buffer from the client to the server which is a CORBA_sequence_octet.
I get a similar buffer out the other end in the impl_Stream_write()

I assume that the client side sequence is automatically deallocated by the CORBA libs after being aborbed by Stream_write(). Is this correct?

What is supposed to deallocate the buffer on the server-side? If it is my server code, how should I deallocate the memory?
I tried calling CORBA_free(buffer) and this caused the server to seg-fault. I just want to avoid memory leaks.