sequence creation (it can't be this difficult)

Part 1.

How do I deal with sequences using ORBit?

For example stringlists take about 10 lines of code just to initialise with one entry.

Is there an API that simplifies the handling of CORBA_sequence_XXX ??

Part 2.

I'm writing a stream component and need to work with octet buffers.

I come from a COM background where I can use size_of and length_of transport modifiers to automate
buffer allocations. Is there a similar feature with ORBit?

TIA

Rich