Re: sequence creation (it can't be this difficult)

Hi Richard,

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Richard Andrews wrote:
> How do I deal with sequences using ORBit?
>
> For example stringlists take about 10 lines of code just to initialise
> with one entry.

	:-) if you want to pass the string sequence to a CORBA method you
might want to do ( fully untested ):

CORBA_char *vals[] = { "Hello" };
CORBA_sequence_octet s = { 0, 1, vals, FALSE };

	It all depends what you want to do.

> Is there an API that simplifies the handling of CORBA_sequence_XXX ??

	If you have particularly complicated requirements you might want
to look at the new DynamicAny support in recent ORBits, but I doubt it
would help much.

> Part 2.
>
> I'm writing a stream component and need to work with octet buffers.

	Good; have you considered using bonobo_stream_client_write etc. (
see bonobo/bonobo-stream-client.h ) ? these may help solve some of your
problems.

> I come from a COM background where I can use size_of and length_of
> transport modifiers to automate buffer allocations. Is there a similar
> feature with ORBit?

	No idea what these so; can you give a code fragment that uses
these ?

	HTH,