Re: Bonobo dependencies ...

> > That is exactly the vision.  Read the document above ;-)
> >
> I like it very much, I think it's a very good idea.
>
> But, I haven't found anything CORBA/Bonobo-related in
> the helix-setup-tools sources. Is there anything already done about
> this?

No, this is a work in progress.

Currently Arturo and Hans are working towards completeness: supporting
the various subsystems correctly and supporting the various operating
systems correctly.

The next step is to add the CORBA interfaces (which is easily done if
you read the description of how internally the tools load/dump,
load/restore state, it is just a step in the middle).

The issue was that Owen's CORBA bindings had not been updated to cover
OAF, wo we did not want to do much about them right away, and we would
export those later.

Paolo Molnaro (of Gtk/Perl and GNOME/Perl fame) has just joined Helix
Code to develop the Perl Bonobo bindings, and to help with our
CORBA-based scripting strategy.  Once he is further down the road, we
will be adding the CORBA hooks into every HST.

Best wishes,
Miguel.