stupid question

hi,

I have spent quite some trying to tunderstand why we use everywhere
gtk_object_destroy instead of gtk_object_unref.

(obviously, the GtkSocket in the non-local case does not get
unrealized which leaves in the container a window hanging... So, I guess
that the unref method of the socket does not get called which makes me
wonder why no one ever uses gtk_object_unref which supposed to take care
of this)

I wellcome any answer because this _really_ makes me feel stupid.
I don't understand. What unrefs our GtkObjects ? after the destruction ?

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage, mathieu@gnu.org
http://www.advogato.org/person/mathieu