bug hunting in bonobo

hi all,

I saw sick of lots of bugs in bonobo so I decided to go bug-hunting.

I have been stricken by the folowing function:

bonobo_client_site_new_view_full.

more precisely, by the folowing code:

	bonobo_view_frame_bind_to_view (view_frame, view);
	CORBA_Object_release (view, &ev);

bonobo_view_frame_bind_to_view will end by calling:
bonobo_control_frame_bind_to_view which finally does the actual
corresponding CORBA call:

	Bonobo_Control_set_frame (control,
                                 bonobo_object_corba_objref (BONOBO_OBJECT (control_frame)),
                                 &ev);

Why is it not  the Bonobo::View created with the call to Bonobo_Embeddable_newView
which calls Bonobo_Control_set_frame itself ?

This makes more sense to me. Is there a rationalle of having the container
tell its ViewFrames about the View instead of having the View tell its ViewFrame
about itself ?

I am just wondering. If there is no peculiar reason, this has to be told in the
IDL description : it is part of the semantics of both the ViewFrame, the ClientSite
and the View interfaces so it must be documented. Someone who writes another implementation
of the CORBA interfaces should not be obliged to read the Bonobo code to understand the
semantics of the interfaces.

If someone can tell me what behaviour is expected of the above and why, I can commit myself
the IDL inline doc.

regards,
Mathieu

--