Re: Splitting GUI and non-GUI parts of bonobo

Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:

> > sense in a GUI context. However, some of these are more like models
> > than like controllers, views or delgates. For instance, the
> > Bonobo::Embeddable interface in some ways serves as the model for
> > associated Bonobo::Views.
>
> 	In that case, isn't libbonobo-control as inaccurate as
> libbonobo-delegate?  (My understanding of a delegate is that is it merely
> a combination of control and view)
>
> 	If models *and* views/controllers/delegates will be part of the
> gui library, why not just name it libbonobo-gui?
>
> --Derek

The "control" in that phrase does not refer to the MVC concept of
"Controller"; it refers to the Bonobo::Control interface which is the
basis for most of the GUI/embedding type functionality in Bonobo.

I considered the name libbonobo-gui (or libbonobo-ui) but I don't
really like them.

 - Maciej