Re: Sodipodi can be seen from Gnumeric!

Hi!

> Something that I think you could help me figure out is a way of
> correctly using the items: how should items be resized and
> manipulated?
>
> Should the item provide all this functionality?  Should the container
> do it?  Should we pass an affine array to specify what we want from
> the child?

For at least a equation editor component, this should be done in a two-way
conversation. I mean, the container should be able to tell the component
the fonts used in the document, then the component should be able to
calculate its own size and ask to the container for it. Then the container
decides to give or not the requested size, much as GTK widgets work I
think.

This is my first post, so be kind with me if I misunderstood something.

--
Arturo Tena
arturo@directmail.org