Re: security and multi-user

> This would seem to be the single most important GNOME project, as
> no real useful CORBA stuff can be written without some security model.
> ;-)

No, you are missing the point.

GNOME is going to use CORBA in at least two domains: as a way to
export the functionality of application to the rest of the desktop
(think of it as new APIs) and it will form the base of the component
model.  Both of those can be used without having the servers listen to
a network port and control permission with regular UNIX permission
bits.

You are trying to use CORBA distributed facilities with your code
-which is just fine-, but that does not prevent us from using CORBA as
a super-glue engine (which is primarly what I am interested in).

> Well, the system call crypt() is obviously useless for this type of
> stuff... When I write cryptit() and uncrypt() I mean DES/Idea or some
> other key exchange system.

You can not export strong crypto out of the USA.

Miguel.