Re: security and multi-user

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Shawn T. Amundson wrote:

> > Now, what I think we should do is write a nice set of wrappers that
> > would hide all of the authentication complexity behind our nice api.
>
> This would seem to be the single most important GNOME project, as
> no real useful CORBA stuff can be written without some security model.
> ;-)

CORBA has a decent security model, but it's not implemented in Mico. You
can attach arbitrary "context" information to each CORBA request. One of
those context items should be authentication information, which you can
evaluate on the server end for accuracy each time a request comes in.

It might be helpful to look at ILU, because I know it does SSL and the
works on its connections...

I'm not sure how Mico implements it, but I do remember seeing contexts in
the CORBA spec.
-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
Chicken Little was right.