Re: choice of ORB
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>
- To: Matt Ettus <ettus earthlink net>
- Cc: gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: choice of ORB
- Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:44:11 -0700
Matt> I was wondering why mico was chosen as the ORB for GNOME when
Matt> omniORB2 is faster [according to Linas Vespas, at least], also
Matt> GPL'ed, and has ongoing support from the commercial sector.
As I recall there are some CORBA features which omniORB does not
support and does not ever plan to support.
] [Thread Prev