Re: gui for gcm missing?

On 8 January 2012 03:20, Simon Harhues <Simon Harhues muenster de> wrote:
>> Hmm, you probably need gnome-control-center:

Yup, control center is a big part of color management in GNOME.

> Uhm, that's about 16 more packages as dependencies... :-/ Are there
> plans to make gcm usable without gnome-control-center? The openbox
> config manager ObConf is probably not the right place as an alternative
> for gcm.

No, sorry. *GNOME* Control Center needs lots of GNOME dependencies. :)

> Otherwise I'll probably go for learning to edit the config files of
> colord by hand. I mean, "colormgr get-devices" gives me my web cam and
> my printers, but not my lcd display and "colormgr get-profiles" gives me
> quite a lot of profiles, but only one with the icc-file of my display,
> so I would like to check if everything is going right. :)

I've outlined the simple things a session color management component
needs to do here:
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/colord/faq.html#gcm

colord doesn't actually have any config files to setup the mapping,
instead it uses a couple of databases to store all the mapping
attributes and values. To modify this, the easiest way is to either
use the DBus interface, or the colormgr command line client.

Richard