Re: Upgrading Gnome Desktop

On 22 February 2012 09:40,  <john webwrite eclipse co uk> wrote:
> would like to try out  the color manager. I note that Color Manager has been
> available since Gnome 2.30, I believe that SL6.1 uses Gnome 2.30.2 but
> unable to find it installed on my system.

IIRC, gnome-color-manager was a new project for 2.32. I started in the
2.30 timeframe, but I don't think I ever produced any rpms for it. But
that was a long time ago, so I might be mistaken. Either way, we've
come on quite  lot since that time, I would really advise you trying
out a Fedora 16 live CD to see what we've been doing in the last year
or so.

Richard