Re: gui for gcm missing?

Hi,

Am 08.02.2012 16:14, schrieb Richard Hughes:
> Look at the 'Color' panel in gnome-control-center.
Oh, we've got a misunderstanding here, I think. I'm running Lubuntu
(LXDE, no Gnome) and don't want to use gnome-control-center as it has
quite a lot other Gnome dependencies (see my two first mails[1]). That's
why I wanted to try to do it with some simple shell scripts (as written
in the mail before the last one[2]). But as I wrote there, it didn't
work out and I'm not completely sure if I understood the whole thing right.

>> I've got two profiles attached to the printer that have no
>> icc-file connected and I have three profiles for the three icc-files
>> which are not attached to the printer. For example:
>
> Right; if you can get an ICC profile for your printer .zip bundle,
> then just double click to install it for your user account. Then open
> up the control center and just "add" the profile to the printer
> device.
I "installed" the icc-files by moving them to /usr/share/color/icc, I'm
the only user here at my machine. :)
That "adding the profile to the printer" is one task I would like to do
via a shell script (probably on logging in).
If I look at the profile id of one of the profiles with the icc-file, it
is named like "icc-<some hash value>". How is this hash generated, is it
stable, thus can I use it in my shell script? Otherwise I'll make an
extra step with "colormgr get-profile-by-filename" before executing
"colormgr device-add-profile".
Do I need gcm to be able to select a profile for printing? I thought it
would be a task of "cups" or "system-config-printer" only depending on
colord.

Still open, how do I create a device for my displays and how do I
connect them to the xrandr devices? I can create a device with "colormgr
create-device LG-Flatron-W2442PA temp" but how do I connect it with
xrandr? I noticed, that I can use "xrandr --verbose" to grep for the
EDID, but it seems, that I'm missing one step in the middle...

Thanks,
Simon

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-color-manager-list/2012-January/msg00002.html