Re: gcm and firefox color management

В Срд, 14/09/2011 в 16:33 +0100, Richard Hughes пишет:
> On 13 September 2011 19:13, ivvmm <me detected gmail com> wrote:
> > I've recently bought a x-rite huey colorimeter, installed GCM 2.30.2,
> > profiled my LCD, enabled full color management in firefox.
>
> Cool.
>
> > The question is, in firefox, when I view black and white images with no
> > ICC profile embeded I see a slight green shade in dark areas. Is this
> > normal? I can even distinguish that by measuring color with the
> > GIMP(make a screenshot of browser session, then measure RGB components).
>
> Right, it depends on whether the profile you created was a v2 or v4
> profile. I can't remember which was the default in 2-30.

I do not know either :(

>  Firefox has a
> pretty crappy color library called QCMS[1] which only supports v2
> profiles (although, iirc, you can set gfx.color_management.enablev4 to
> 1 on some builds)

I'm on Iceweasel 6 and it seems it does not have this setting for ICCv4.

> I'm not sure how precisely firefox is working internally. I assume "1"
> means everything without a color profile is assumed to be sRGB" and
> "2" means "only correct images where I know the source profile".

Yes, '1' is for that. And '2' is for correcting everything, include
images assumed 'sRGB'.

Have an addition on the issue. If 'use system profile' is ticked in The
GIMP, and I open the same image(or of the same type) w/o it's own
profile also in The GIMP it will have the same green cast in dark areas.
But. If I go(I'm sorry my menus are all in Russian, I'm making backward
translation of menus into English) to image → transformation → set color
profile → and select color profile for my display there, then hit 'ok'
colors go to normal. What does that mean? Can someone explain?

I'm pretty new to all these things, but try to understand as hard as I
can :-)