argyll-options

Hallo

Pascal gave me a hint to use GCM, because it´s easy and shure to use. So I installed it and created a profile for my monitor. But comparing with my old profile, made with dispcalGUI, I saw, that the resulting pictures were a bit different. To find out, what comes this difference from, I have some questions:

- What kind of profile type do you generate with GCM? With dispcalGUI it was "xyz LUT + matrix" ( colprof -aX )

- What special non-default options are used for argyll ( dispcal, dispread, colprof )?

- I´m using openSuse 11.4 with KDE 4.6. Is it recommanded to use GCM with KDE or can I expect some trouble, when doing this?

I use a Pantone Huey Colorimeter and I adjusted GCM to make a high quality profile. My monitor is a BenQ FP937s. The pictures look a bit washed out with the GCM-profile. The curves look quite different to dispcalGUI in the lower frequencies.

Edgar