Monitor temperature adapt to ambient light changes

Hi

I'm looking for a program / script that will measure the ambient light
brightness and temperature (with pantone huey pro colorimeter) and
adjust the monitor's colors accordingly. (Ie match brightness and
white balance to ambient light). In windowze, the software that comes
with my colorimeter seems to be able to do this. Unfortunately there is
no similar functionality in argyll or other that I can find. Also the win
software doesn't work in wine.

Reason I need this is: I'm an artist and am using photographic reference
material now and then, displayed on my computer monitor (print is no
option). During the day the light color in my studio changes noticably
so at the end of the day, a passage painted in the morning will look
different on the monitor. I'm darkening my studio and using artificial
light for now, but prefer natural light.

It would also be a nice feature for the regular user: keep the colors on the
monitor and print as close to eachother as possible. Ie a bluish design
made on the monitor won't look completely yellow when printed
(due to sun light)....

josvanr