Re: Possible bug in display profiles auto-generated from EDID: 'chad' tag converts from PCS to device

Am 07.08.2011 09:55, schrieb Richard Hughes:
Well, when creating the profile, GCM doesn't actually create the
chromatic adaption state itself, it relies on the cmsCreateRGBProfile
and the magic of lcms2. It's entirely possible that I'm doing
something wrong here, and an expert eye on the code would be a very
great thing (hint, hint) :-)

The latest code for 3.2 is here:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-daemon/tree/plugins/color/gsd-color-manager.c#n539

Ok, I'm now pretty sure the problem is in LCMS in this case. It seems the arguments to the _cmsAdaptationMatrix function that creates the 'chad' matrix are simply reversed, but there's nothing you can do about it in GCM because it's called in LCMS' cmsvirt.c/cmsCreateRGBProfileTHR. I'll report to the LCMS list.

Regards
--
Florian Höch