Required hardware and user feedback

Dear friends,

Sorry for filling the list of question, Gnome-Color-Manager is so great
that I am a little bit enthousiast. I really thank you for this hard
work, including the work of the Argyll community. Oh this rocks!

So here is a feedback:

* Screen : I was able to configure screen using ColorMunki. I don't know
which version of ColorMunki this is, either print or photographer.

* Scanner: The screen R1 IT8.7 target has been ordered from Wolf Faust.

* Now I tried (without success) to calibrate the printer. This may be
because I am a little bit dumb.

Questions:

1) In general, in order to calibrate a printer, do we need a special
hardware, other than a screen spectographer like the ColorMunki or the
ColorSpider3?

In the doc, the ColorSpider3 is only for screen ... but can it be used
for print? The ColorMunki people say it can be used for print. So what
is the answer in general?

2) I would like GCM to be able to print proofs that I can ship to people
able to calibrate my printer. Basically, I borrowed the ColorMunki from
a Friend and now I gave it back. But I still need to print ... So I
would like to send him the print proofs and/or visit him with my laptop.

This does not seem possible at the moment. GCM refuses to print proofs
unless the spider is connected.

3) Last but not least, because I don't have the spider any longer, I
would appreciate a low grade feature to be able to calibrate the printer
using the scanner.

Print calibrators seem to be pretty expensive and I am looking for a
cheap solution. Also, I am not sure that the quality of my printer is
worth the price of the calibrator (it is a 10 year old laser color
printer).

4) I would appreciate to print the proofs also in the center of a page.
Actually, the line A is a little bit more messy than line L. It is a
usual case with drums on laser printer. I would prefer full center.

5) I would appreciate to be able to print a lot of colors in a single
page, several times, to wipe the printer before calibration.

6) I noticed an error when fetching information from CUPS printers. I
have two CUPS servers and I read their queue line from my laptop. My
color printer had some information from my Dymo label printer. Not very
problematic, but it may be a small and stupid bug.

Keep on the good things and many thanks!

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel