Re: Calibration targets for scanner / Calibration of CUPS color laser printer

> There's not a lot of point getting a big database of user-submitted
> profiles as devices change over time, and were made using different
> methods.

In fact, I was thinking of a database for scanner calibration targets.
I read somewhere that scanners were more stable, provided that they warm
up.

Is that true?

> I use the R1 Wolf Faust IT8.7 target. Wolf is a dude.

Done, thanks. I just ordered via Paypal.

> I think with a device like a ColorMunki it's certainly possible.

I got one from a friend. The problem is that Gnome-Color-Manager hangs
up from time to time, but I was able to calibrate the screen. What a
beauty now!

To come back to the discussion : Once the scanner is calibrated, why not
ask Gnome-color-manager routines to compare colors of a R1 IT8.7 target
with the same image with calculated colors.

This would be the same as using a scanner as a colormunki. Am I wrong?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel