Calibration targets for scanner / Calibration of CUPS color laser printer

Dear Friends,

I have been using Debian for more than 10 years and I am very excited to
discover Gnome-Color manager.

Being a beginner in color management, I would like to ask for help.

The tasks include calibration of:
* scanner: Epson 1660 and 2400,
* display: various LCDs including some laptops,
* and color printer: Lexmark c720.

1) ICC database available?
I would like to know whether there is a free (as in Free Software)
common database of ICC profiles available.

2) Scanner calibration target
I would like to buy a scanner calibration target. Some cheap ones are
available on http://www.targets.coloraid.de. But there are so many I
don't know which one to buy. Can you give some advice?

3) Laser calibration / CUPS
I wrote an email on CUPS to ask whether CUPS supported calibration and
the answer was no. CUPS does not yet support ICC profiles.

My printer is a Lexmark c720, an old color laser printer, but with very
cheap cartridges on eBay. I find the colors a little bit dull and I
imagine it could improve with calibration.

The Lexmark c720 has an auto-calibration feature. It supports 4 or 5
color presets available from the PS driver, which is very vague.

How can I dig into this driver and try to calibrate output? Do you think
it is possible to create ICC profiles for the 4 or 5 printer presets? Is
it possible or is there no way to reach a solution?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel