Does colour manager automatically modify the display

Hi,

This is my first post to a linux/gnome related mailing list.

I am new to the concept of colour management and colour models and still do not understand it. I tried reading about CIE1931 and tongue diagram but could not understand most of the wiki page. I am a computer science student and this is my first encounter with colour management.

I have written openGL code (using freeglut library) to display coloured squares with RGB values (159, 0, 0), (147, 147, 0), (0, 0, 255), (0, 129, 129)  {Using glColor function}. I have set colour manager to default settings.

Does this make the actual displayed colour independent of the monitor? Is the gnome colour manager influencing the actual displayed colour? If yes, what transformation does it do in default settings.

I do not plan to print or do anything else with the colours. I just want to render them.

System specifications:
Dell Optiplex 330 with LCD monitor
running fedora 13.

Please help.