Re: translatable messages

On 18 March 2010 01:47, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
> This message quite puzzles me: "Per-device settings not supported.
> Check your display driver." The comment says: "TRANSLATORS: this is
> when the user is using a binary blob". So what exactly does the
> message try to say?

Right, the translator string is crap. What we're trying to say is:

The NVIDIA driver does not support per-head gamma controls. Whilst
this does not matter if you only have one monitor attached, it means
you can't color correct additional monitors or projectors.

I've added this.

> Another one is: "Image is not suitable without conversion". The
> comment however says "TRANSLATORS: title, usually we can tell based on
> the EDID data or output name". What does EDID has to do with,
> presumably, an attempt to create a create a profile from captured
> image of a reflective target?

I copied and pasted the wrong comment, I've fixed this up.

> Also, how do I access "Analyze Print Shop Images"?

I'm not sure what to call this. This is basically when you've received
the images that have been printed and you want to generate a profile
from them. Better ideas welcome :-)

Richard.