Re: Please make Gnome Color Manager work with the Nvidia driver

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Elijah Smith
<durableinnovations gmail com> wrote:
> Hoping some of you very intelligent people can help me get Gnome Color
> Manager working on my computer.  So here's my situation.  I'm a photographer
> that has said goodbye to windows forever (and photoshop for that matter).
> My laptop was stolen while on a trip several weeks ago, so I decided to
> upgrade (all my files are well backed up, so no worries).  I got an HP DV7T,
> i7-720qm core, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M... which brings me
> to my problem.  I am running Ubuntu 9.10, with the Nvidia 195.xx driver.  I
> tried to get the Nouveau driver working, but had no luck with that.  When I
> open Gnome Color Manager, everything is blank.  There is nothing in any of
> the pull down menus or anything.  I read somewhere that Gnome Color Manager
> does not yet support the proprietary Nvidia driver.  Is there any way of
> getting support for that driver working?  I just did a shoot yesterday and
> need to get my monitors calibrated (I have a Huey) so I can start editing.

The nvidia driver is a disaster all round... I have all my nvidia
cards stacked rotting in a closet...

I guess the only way to get it working is to fallback to the 2D only
'nv' driver...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn