Please make Gnome Color Manager work with the Nvidia driver

Hoping some of you very intelligent people can help me get Gnome Color Manager working on my computer.  So here's my situation.  I'm a photographer that has said goodbye to windows forever (and photoshop for that matter).  My laptop was stolen while on a trip several weeks ago, so I decided to upgrade (all my files are well backed up, so no worries).  I got an HP DV7T, i7-720qm core, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M... which brings me to my problem.  I am running Ubuntu 9.10, with the Nvidia 195.xx driver.  I tried to get the Nouveau driver working, but had no luck with that.  When I open Gnome Color Manager, everything is blank.  There is nothing in any of the pull down menus or anything.  I read somewhere that Gnome Color Manager does not yet support the proprietary Nvidia driver.  Is there any way of getting support for that driver working?  I just did a shoot yesterday and need to get my monitors calibrated (I have a Huey) so I can start editing.  Please tell me you all can help.
Thanks, Eli

--
Eli Smith
540-808-8268