Re: Installing display profiles/interfacing with gcm

Am 16.06.2010 16:13, schrieb Richard Hughes:
On 16 June 2010 13:00, Florian Höch<lists+gnome-color-manager hoech org>  wrote:
Hmm, sounds like I'll probably want to avoid it, then ;) Maybe as a "last
resort".

Right. The lack of locking makes this a quick fix, but probably not a good idea.

Ah, ok. So then all the naming information is available through the EDID?

Right.

Agreed on your points. I think the format of the config file is fine,
although addition of the EDID hash key sounds like a nice idea.

commit d22f9c2a567eef04a72cabf1125fe02c3d79efb1
Author: Richard Hughes<richard hughsie com>
Date:   Wed Jun 16 15:04:38 2010 +0100

     Save the EDID MD5 hash to device-profiles.conf for xrandr devices

Cool, thanks!

That would be nice, then I could let GCM do "the right thing" for me. Dep on
GCM is not a problem I think, as I'm probably going to use Python's ctypes
then, which can tell me if the library is installed and I can also useit to
wrap the C function call.

Right, this is probably the best thing to do. I'll look at
librification now, although it's quite a big change, and it might make
sense for the gnome3 stuff to settle down first.

Richard.

No need to hurry, I'm glad you're looking into it! :)

--
Florian Höch
http://hoech.net